Thursday, October 18, 2007

I Get Sick (and still have 3 dates in one week)

Monday night:



I am a pimp. I don't know how I do it, or why I do it, but I have managed to line up 3 dates for this week.



And they are good dates too!



Here's how the week looks:

Tuesday: concert with Sam

Thursday: drinks with Brian at my FAVORITE bar

Saturday: not sure yet what is going on, but something with Derek



And then I have to be up wicked early on Saturday for a conference. Great!



Tuesday:



I'm sick...shit!



I decide to go out with Sam anyway (he did get me the tickets, so how could I bail?), and the concert is awesome, but he is SO not my kind of guy. Cool dude, but totally not my type. Still, didn't ask for money and then took me out to dinner.

Thursday:

After taking off work yesterday (I was absolutely dying), I am feeling slightly better, and decide to keep my date with Brian.

What an interesting guy...I don't mean interesting in the "wow, he's a nuclear physicist, and that's awesome" interesting, but "wow, he is the MOST AWKWARD guy ever".

Nervous would be the best word to describe him.

Perhaps I am too much woman for him!

Either way, we had 2 delicious glasses of wine, split an appetizer (I ended up with half of mine ricocheting onto the floor when I went to cut it), and the conversation (when it actually flowed) was nice. He was actually shaking when he put the money in the bill holder (awwww). I have decided that if he calls again for a date, I will go out with him again.

Saturday:
Note: I have been up since 6:30 am because I had to go to a conference for work. I ended up doing actual work at this conference, and was therefore DEAD TIRED when the date actually occurred. Perhaps this is why the following will sound rather violent.

What. An. Ass.

How, how, HOW I ask you could a guy that I spent 2 hours talking to on Monday night turn into such an arrogant dick within 6 days (counting Monday for those of you who actually counted)???

We spent most of dinner debating about things. This is not always a bad thing, but when it occurs all throughout the date, it's annoying. He asked me questions like, "If you could choose a power from one of the heroes on 'Heroes', what would it be?" and the criticize the answers I gave. He criticized me for "being late" (I told him to call me when he got out of the subway, since I live 2 blocks from the stop, and I'd walk up to the place), even when he pushed our date from 5pm to practically 7pm (even though he had to be back home for a party by 11)! He noted that the first beer ordered was "watered down" (it wasn't), and that the buffalo burger (actual buffalo) was dense (like him?), and that onions give him heartburn (ummm, okay?).

The best part was when he asked me, "If you could have three wishes, what would they be?" I, being me, said my usual, "I'd like people to be happy" kind of answers. After tearing them apart, he told me two of his.

He wanted to essentially be G-d/Hiro Nakamura/Jesus.

He wanted the power to go through time.

He also wanted the power to change things into anything he wanted.

What an egocentric asshole I kept thinking.

My favorite part of the night was after he paid and had gone to the bathroom one last time before leaving. As the bus boys came over to clean off our table, I let out a huge sigh of exasperation. They both looked at me and laughed as I realized how loud a sigh it was.

Oh, and they also threw out the 99 cent water bottle he had with him.

Which he informed me they did, over and over and over again.

All the way from the restaurant to the train.

Have I mentioned how happy I am to be home in pyjamas?