Thursday, October 18, 2007

Atonement (with benefits)

Erev Yom Kippur:

I email Larry. Why, you ask? Because, as any good Jew should right before the Yom, I feel guilty for the way things ended between us. Plus, I'm kinda annoyed at the whole David situation, pissed at Michael for sending me a bullshit "I'm sorry" text this morning, and I'm horny.

It's been a month and change since I saw him last. A girl has needs!

So, I email him. I basically apologize for what seemed to be me blowing him off, but I swore I wasn't, and wanted to just say I'm sorry.

I honestly don't expect him to respond.

Which he does. Not right away, but he does. This is a good start.

A few weeks later:

We finally get to hang out one Saturday night. He brought over cupcakes. We had sex.

Mediocre sex, really. I'm not so sure that I will be calling him again for a booty call.