Thursday, October 18, 2007

At Least I Got To Try A New Beer...

I knew this was coming. I didn't want to be the one to do it, but I knew this was coming.

David and I finally get together again (it had been two weeks since we were able to coordinate schedules to see each other since the last time). We meet at a bar I've been dying to go to, and order drinks.

He, as usual, finishes his before I finish mine, but doesn't order another one.

Something is up.

"So, I'm terrible at this," he says, "but I have to do it. See, I ran into my ex the other day, and I realized that I still have feelings for her, and it's not fair to get into something with you when I don't know what's going to happen with her...."

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

I told him that I was so glad that he said this, because I had recently started talking to my ex as well (truth), and I wasn't sure about my feelings about him (Michael) myself (lie). I gave him an awkward hug, and walked home in time to catch Grey's Anatomy on TV.

Oh yeah, about that whole me talking to Michael again. I was cleaning up my buddy list and deleted him. This apparently unblocked him, and he IMed me. We were civil, and it was a very nice conversation (I missed having our conversations). I have realized, though, that I am happy with just being friends. I have no desire to date a slacker anymore, and need someone who has a good head on their shoulders.

Plus, as an ego boost, I think he got kicked out of his program. That fills me with evil glee, but Yom Kippur is coming up tomorrow, so I can atone for that.