Wednesday, October 17, 2007

AWKWARD!

Reasons why living with a single girl also on Match sucks:
1) She will compare and contrast the guys who message the two of you and point out their faults. This is not always a bad thing, but when the two of you have different tastes in men, it tends to be pointless in the long run.
2) When she's signed in, and you have a friend over who has heard about Larry, but hasn't seen him, and you show her his profile while your roommate is signed in, he will try to message her!
3) She will tell you.

Let the awkward game of "who is going to tell who first that they know there's a connection" begin!

Okay, so for those of you confused, here's what happened:

  • My roommate is on Match, and we show my friend Larry's profile.
  • Because Larry can see who has viewed his profile, he sees my roommate, and sends her a "hey, what's up" email.
  • My roommate tells me.
  • I get annoyed (how dare he!), but then realize that we had 2 freaking dates, and that does not constitute a relationship, and that I am looking at other people as well.
  • My two roommates get pissed at him, but I point out the above epiphany I had.
  • My roommate (the one who got the message) emails him back something casual, just to see how far this will go.
  • Larry, unbeknownst to him who my roommate is, continues flirting.
  • My roommate, comes clean to him that the only reason she was looking at his profile was because I told her to find it, and that he's seeing me, so she's not interested.
  • He replies, "Okay, but that doesn't mean we can't talk, right?"

Now, I must pause here, because to me that comment seems a little sketch. But, Larry keeps on calling/IMing me, so I figure, what the hell. I know what the situation is (even if he thinks I don't). If I can squeeze out a few more free meals/sex out of this, why not?

Unfortunately, the powers that be have another plan for me. After a few times of trying to get together, I get sick. Like, for real sick, and Larry thinks I am blowing him off. How do I know this? Because to me it felt like I was blowing him off, even though I wasn't, and eventually he stopped calling.

Oh well, on to the next one.