Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Does This Date Look Familiar To You?

I let David have a second date. I figure, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (everyone has a spazzy moment now and then, I should know this better than anyone). Plus, I have his suit jacket, so I kind of have to see him again.

I plan the date this time, so we go to my favorite wine store (which, to keep anonymity, I can't say which one) and pick up a bottle of wine before heading off for Thai (also at an undisclosed location). I'm looking super cute in my green flouncy skirt and black shirt with adorable sandals.

We finish dinner (so good) and head down to the park to sit on the Pier.

Wait a second...this seems very familiar.

The reason this is familiar is because this is almost an exact duplication of my first date with Michael. We went to a Pan-Asian restaurant and the walked down to the Pier to talk until the wee hours of the morning. It was great. I was even wearing the same outfit.

Except the magic wasn't the same here. I felt extremely nervous (probably because I was waiting for something to happen with him like last time), and I couldn't look him in the eye when we spoke (I have a problem with eye contact. I'm working on it).

Still, the conversation we had was nice, and we kissed for a bit before I went upstairs to my apartment. All in all, it was a pleasant evening.

Especially since no one passed out.