Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Bad Boy

I decide to join Match. JDate has too many freaks, and I need a break.

Within a few days of being on the site, I meet Larry, a chef who works in the city. We decide to meet up for drinks on a Sunday night after he gets off from work.

I show my roommate his profile. "Oh my G-d, I know that guy", she says. "He messaged me a few months ago, but he sounded illiterate, so I never wrote him back".

I believe in giving everyone a shot, because I know that people are different in person than they are online. The online world is tricky, and meeting someone in person is the best way to get to know someone. Plus, how are they going to take you out to dinner or drinks when they are at home in front of their computer?

Larry and I meet up, and he's got bad boy written all over him. He's got a tattoo. He smokes. He has crazy stories about where he's had sex. By the end of our conversation our bar stools are so close our legs are intertwined.

Making out in a doorway is interesting. It provides that rush of making out in public without being in the way of pedestrians. I also learned that the building keeps their AC on even when no one is in the building.

I definitely want to hang out with this guy again. I'm pretty sure he's not boyfriend material, but he could be a lot of fun.