Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I have a blind date on Saturday...and I'm so not excited.

Here's why:

1) This blind date was scheduled last week when I didn't feel well, but my roommate insisted that I met this guy ASAP, so we decided to meet at a huge festival going on this weekend that we'd both be at. It's much less stressful for the two of us than meeting at some bar.

2) I'm so not in the mood to date...especially starting this weekend. I have not been dating lately, primarily because my track record has not been that spectacular with the last few people I have seriously dated. I wanted to take time for ME. Now, this is not to say that I would refuse a date with someone, but I'm not terribly enthusiastic about a blind date. If I knew what this guy looks like, I would be possibly more enthusiastic. My roommate refuses to show me a picture of him, or tell me anything about him beyond that he's a heeb, tall and a teacher. He better not be fugly...

3) I have a crazy weekend. I have a class that I'm taking Friday-Sunday (all day Saturday and Sunday, and from 6-9 Friday night...fun!), and am getting a visit from Aunt Flo on Saturday as well...being tired, bloated and crampy is exactly how I want to feel when I meet a potentially cute guy the first time...awesome.

So, with that said, bring on the blind date! I'll post my response to this whole event on Sunday after I get home from my class...