Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How To Lose A Potential Friend In 10 Sentences (or less)

So, Dean text messaged me yesterday. A whole week without any calls or texts (he can't contact me any other way at this point), and for some reason the dumbass decides to text me.

He said that he knows that I don't get him or the way he thinks, and that he knows that I don't want to hear from him, but that he didn't want things to end the way they did. He wanted to be friends but (now get this) I handled the situation the wrong way. He then added that he will always consider me a friend if I ever want to have him as one.

(did you notice how he blamed me when he was telling me that he wanted to be my friend?)

Um, yeah...I'm good.

Why would I want to be friends with a condescending, self-centered, can't-take-responsibility-when-he's-wrong, immature asshole? I'm already friends with someone like that, but I'm only friends with him because we share some mutual friends, and it would be awkward if I wasn't cordial to him.

Needless to say, I'm ignoring him. Hopefully, he will take the hint and leave me alone. He supposedly knows that I don't want him to contact me, but that didn't stop him from sending me that initial text.

I have decided that I need to take a break from dating (at least active dating). I don't want to go back onto JDate or Match. I really want to enjoy my summer, have some alone time, and focus on me.

Not to say that I wouldn't accept a date if it was offered to me...I'm just not on the prowl like I was when I first started this blog. I need a break.

(pray for no more texts)