Thursday, December 11, 2008

Had I Only Known Then What I Know Now...

I would have never hooked up with a certain guy.

So, back in the day, I had a friend who I crushed on, but the feeling were never reciprocated...at least not on a long-term level. We had the tendency, on nights before I had family coming over to my house, to get drunk and hook up. Nothing ever came of this, and now he's an uber-religious Heeb who is off in Israel studying to be a rabbi and hoping to find a wife.

Got all that? Fantastic. Let's continue...

Sunday I went to an engagement party of sorts in the city at a friend's apartment. This friend also happens to be best friends with the guy from the above story. I wasn't feeling terribly well, but I figured I'd just show my face, wish the couple a mazel tov and be on my way. My plan never happened.

I met a guy there. Super Heeb's brother to be exact.

This guy and I completely hit it off. Strange that when I'm feeling like crap, the men gravitate towards me. Who would have thought that hacking up a lung was attractive?

So, stats of Marc: Tall, cute, a big bigger than his brother, but that's fine by me, 35, is a computer geek (awesome) and has a wicked sense of humor. He's quick with the comebacks, and agrees that his brother is nuts. Two "downsides" (that aren't really downsides to be honest): he's a Yankee fan (boooooo!) and he has a 13-year old kid.

I've never dated a guy with a kid. I don't know the back story (if he got married to the mother, if he just supported her, what the custody situation is), but I'm sure I will find it out eventually.

He lives in my town, so he ended up driving me home after dinner. He and I spent over an hour just talking in his car in the parking garage of the LIRR. We exchanged numbers, and before I even got home that night I had a text asking me out for this weekend.

So we have date #1 tomorrow (hopefully I will feel up to it...this bronchitis sucks). I'm hoping to have the nerve to ask him about his daughter. I don't know how to ask about the back story, but I guess it will just come up when it comes up.

Another thing that I must mention is that I told him about me and his brother. He is totally cool with it (being the past and all) and actually said how he liked that I told him right away. He had hypothesized that we might have, but then figured that had we hooked up, I would have told him eventually.

He's awesome.

I haven't felt this way about a guy in a while.