Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Non-published post #4 (aka What the Fuck Was I Thinking?)

My roommate is insane. To be fair, she and I are polar opposites. She's a girly girl; likes to be pampered, barely leaves the house without any makeup on, freaks out at all shoes/clothes that I purchase, and comments often that "beauty is pain" and that I should just suck it up and get the shoes that hurt like hell, but look pretty. I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, and I believe that a guy should like me for me, quirks and all.

With that said, when I tell her that I am officially spending a night at the boy's apartment she drags me to Victoria's Secret to buy a "special outfit" for my "first official sleepover". What follows is an excruciating hour of her throwing things at me to try on and me wincing as I do. I'm not a skinny girl by any means, so trying on lingerie is not one of my favorite things to do. I finally ended up buying a ton of underwear and a hot pink tank top with a shelf bra. A nice compromise if you ask me. I looked cute and she was happy.

I spent the night at his place (we attempted to watch a movie, but I don't think we are at that stage of our relationship yet where we can actually watch a complete movie without making out), and the next day we went shopping. I needed to get a new car and he needed stuff for his apartment.

What...the...fuck...was...I...thinking????

There are people who are MARRIED who would never do both car and IKEA shopping in the same day. They don't because they know that after doing these things they will want to kill each other. And, since they love each other, they don't want to do that, so they opt to do these things either separately (meaning not with each other) or one place at a time.

We did not make this decision.

It was horrible. I actually had thoughts of breaking up with him after this day. It was the worst day ever.

Although, I did meet his friends. They are funny, but I was in too much of a "I hate him" haze that I think I came off a tad bitchy.

I came home and my roommate and her friend asked how my day was. As I slammed my bags down and growled, they both had looks of horror.

Yeah...wtf?