Sunday, January 13, 2008

Who Knew The LIRR Was The New Place To Meet Guys?

So, I met a guy on the train coming back from the Matzo Ball in the city on Christmas Eve. In true Maggie May fashion, I start talking to him and we exchange numbers (or he takes mine since my phone at that time decided to take a leap for freedom into the toilet bowl). We chat for a few weeks before we finally hang out.

Yeah...the reason why you shouldn't exchange numbers with random guys on the train coming back from a night of drinking and partying is because you tend to forget what the guy really looks like. This happened to me.

We decided to see a movie on Friday, and he picked me up. I got into the car and who I remembered in my head was not who was sitting next to me. He kind of looked like how I remembered, but not exactly, and not in the "better" direction.

It was awkward because the entire night I was trying to find out if he was Jewish. It wasn't until the end of the night that I found out he was, but it didn't matter at that point. No attraction was there, so I won't be pursuing this avenue.