Saturday, November 10, 2007

Time Flies When You Eat Thai Food

Ah Thai food...I think you are my one true love. Hopefully you will help facilitate in the finding of the man who will make me happy for the rest of my life. But, if not, at least I have Pad Thai!

Garry and I had our first date the other night at my favorite Thai place. I, as usual, show up ridiculously on time, and I wait until he shows up. Some concerns that I had before getting there was what to wear. He was coming from work (wearing a suit) and I hate getting dressed up. But, for the sake of not looking retarded, I get all sorts of trendy looking to go out to dinner. At a restaurant I would wear sweats to. Yeah.

Dinner was great. Food is always good there, and we actually had dessert (mmmmm, chocolate souffle`).

Conversation was great. We spoke about EVERYTHING. No topic was left uncovered. I discovered he and I are the same age, but I am older by 2 months (not a common occurrence for me). He wasn't such a great kid in school; I was a nerd and goody-two-shoes. He will keep me company as we have a scary movie marathon of movies we haven't seen (and apparently will lose circulation in his arm because I will be squeezing it so much).

Wait, hold on a sec. Did he say that we are having a movie marathon?

Please, please, please, PLEASE don't be that guy who says things during a date and then never follows through!

Scariest moment of the date: when I went to the bathroom, looked at my watch for the second time that night only to find it was 11:30 and I had to get up early for work the next morning! Our friend who had organized that dinner where we met had text messaged me to find out how dinner went. I texted her back that we were still there. Her message back: Hot damn!

I concur.

The train ride home was pleasant enough. I got a hug as I left him to walk home.

After reading my "Bitch" book, I shouldn't be offended by a hug. I am taking things slowly. I am waiting at least a month before doing anything really physical.

I am waiting.
I am waiting.
I am waiting.

Repeat mantra and breathe....