Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm Lame

But I'm okay with that.

I blew off the Israeli. I feigned illness and instead went out with one of my friends for sushi and drinks.

And it was so much better than shlepping into the city after a long week.

For those who are wondering why exactly I blew him off, here are my reasons:

#1: I didn't feel like getting dressed up and going into the city for a night of drinking and dancing with a guy I barely know, and had no major motivation for seeing.

#2: I didn't want to possibly be put in a situation where he would want to get physical. Let's face it, the night of the Matzo Ball I was just flirting, with no real intention of doing anything. If he actually thought that Friday would end with something sexual, he would be wrong, and I didn't want to find out if that was going to happen.

#3: I'm essentially lazy now when it comes to going out with guys, especially on a Friday night after work. You either come to me for stuff or I don't go out at all (at least not with a guy I'd date). Hanging out with my friends, who love me no matter what, is MUCH more appealing.

So, sushi and drinks with my friend was the M.O. for Friday night. Saturday I went to the beach with friends (again, no stress)...this is what my summer needs to be like!